Fit for Life- Canine Fitness & Conditioning Sunshine Coast
Our canine fitness, agility, and trick dog programs are designed and monitored by a canine sports specialist and are suitable for all dogs.
Fit for Life Foundational Fitness & Conditioning for Canines
‘Fit for Life’ is designed and monitored by our canine sports specialist, Sonia Petrack. These programs are designed for dog owners who want to increase their dog’s physical condition while improving performance, reducing risk of injuries, improving overall health, and hopefully extending lifespan. Our Fitness, Agility and Trick Training builds a positive bond between handler and dog, develops patience, builds confidence, assists with distraction training, and lets out your dog’s excess energy in a controlled, safe training environment.
Our Fitness, Agility and Trick Training conditions dogs in 5 areas:
Designed for all dogs, Fit for Life includes additional programs for:
- Elite athletes for dogs that Agility, Rally, Obedience, Flyball and Tracking
- Puppy fitness and conditioning from 8 weeks to 15 months
- Senior/geriatric dogs
- Trick dogs – foundation through to trick dog champion courses
- Agility – foundation skills and proofing for competition
- Fitness and Conditioning classes and courses
Fit for Life includes regular assessments, individual programs tailored to each dog’s strengths and weaknesses, and step-by-step exercise guidance by our highly qualified trainer.
Our Canine Rehabilitation Services on the Sunshine Coast
What You'll Learn When You Register for Fit for Life
This progressive course covers all the fundamentals of Fitness & Conditioning Dog training with positive training methods and lots of fun, toys, and treats. All equipment is provided, and any fitness and agility equipment is gradually introduced at lower heights.
Fitness & Conditioning is open to dogs that have had some formal obedience training, with sit, drop, stay and off-leash control being essential to the training and development of foundation skills.
While excitement is normal, barking must be minimal. Aggressive/reactive behaviour will not be tolerated.
Fit for Life classes are limited to 3 dogs, so it is essential that you secure a spot by booking today. Payment can be made in class.
Bitches going into heat are not allowed to attend class, please plan accordingly.
• Vaccinations: please provide proof of up-to-date vaccinations.
• Further preparation: non correcting collar (buckle or quick snap), gentle leader or easy walk harness and a long leash. We do not allow prong collars or choke chains. Bring plenty of soft tasty treats in tiny pieces as well as a small toy for rewarding.
• Please dress accordingly, the training facility is fully rubberised and enclosed. Whilst there is no air conditioning, the facility has great airflow.
• Ensure you have told your Instructor of any health issues or pre-existing conditions for yourself and your dog.
Our Happy Dogs
Our team at Active Paws Rehab & Fitness on the Sunshine Coast are passionate about helping animals recover and live their best life!
See what our customers and their dogs are saying about our fully qualified and trained therapists and why locals are quick to recommend us.